I just met with Dan Rocha, who is the head of Development for the Smith Center renovation. There are a number of important points that came out of the meeting.
1) Dr. Knapp is deeply commited to the project and he personally put together the $10 million deal with the Smith and Kogod families.
2) Dan understands that there needs to be a significant change in culture with the entire athletic department at GW for this renovation effort to succeed.
3) Dan is a very serious and determined guy who is going to do whatever has to be done to build up the program at GW. And there are major changes coming down the pike.
4) For all of those (including me) that have complained about how things are run AND want to be a part of the solution or have questions, you should contact Dan and he will give it to you straight - no nonsense - no bullshit.
5) His email is: firstname.lastname@example.org and he will talk to any serious GW basketball fan and lay out the plan. He is also receptive to input.
6) You can't complain that no one listens anymore until you talk to him.