Top Ten Reasons for Coach McKeown's Departure to Northwestern
10) They've got a fine journalism school up there.
9) The kids prefer Willie the Wildcat to Big George.
8) The Big 10 has 11 teams, the A-10 has 14. They're not perfect, but at least they're closer to 10.
7) Joe prefers "The EL" to Metro.
6) You can dress for the cold, but there's only so much clothing you can take off when it's 98 degrees on June 9th.
5) Evanston is the birthplace of Tinkertoys.
4) Hobbs tried to force him to play the point.
3) Prefers "Windy City" to "Foggy Bottom".
2) Not enough love from GW Hoops in these 19 years.
1) To coach at one of the finest academic and research universities in the world and home to the Spatial Intelligence and Learning Center.
Best of luck to you, Coach McKeown, and to your entire family. You will be sorely missed and fondly remembered always. Thanks for 19 great years!