The keys and thoughts:
1) BU starting guards shoot 5-25 from the floor. Tremendous defense by JMac and BB. Only Papale did any damage.
2) JMac asserted himself. The defense was willing to give him some looks and he drilled them. Then, he got to the line by pump faking and penetrating. LSF, the "turnover machine" as you refer to him had 3 in 36 minutes (along with 3 assists). I'll take that any day if I get 21 points along with it.
3) Mr. Armwood is a beast. I truly hope to see this against better competition. But for today, what a defensive performance.
4) Lasan had some big second half buckets by figuring out that if runs the floor on breaks, he can get some ridiculously easy baskets.
5) 20-22 at the line. Only Dwayne Smith missed.
6) Bryan Bynes. I was very rough on you after last Saturday's game. Not only do your numbers look far better today, but your decisions on the court were substantially better too.
1) Coach Lonergan..I know those halftime interviews are fluffy bullshit but you really don't have to tell the listening audience that you'll be changing up defenses and using a 1-3-1 in the second half. I do believe that was the first time I've ever seen a coach reveal any part of his gameplan at halftime.
2) GW had WAY too many problems with BU's pressure defense. We will usually have 3 guys on the court at any one time who can handle the ball in the backcourt against heavy pressure. Not sure that Isiah ought to be one of those guys. The hope is that JMac was tired and Keithan wasn't ready to go all out.
GW shot just over 52% from the floor. The opponent had much to do with this but so did GW's shot selection. GW had assists on 16 out of 24 baskets. The team took just 9 three point attempts. They scored a ton in the paint and a ton in transition. Rather than allow the shot clock to consistently wind down only to take a tough shot, GW made things look very easy today. Good shot selection, working as a team, and solid decision-making will be they keys to this season.