I agree that the "script" does feel a bit stale at this point but I do notice some improvements via the scoreboard graphics or vids GW has been using lately, or at least compared to last year. I have to say that points 1 through 4 are the case at almost every college basketball game though. Just my thoughts on some improvements or ideas.
- More scripted jumbotron chants and cheers so that the colonial army can pick up on them and be louder. Right now many of the people who start chants wait to go into unison with the cheerleaders, or else ignore them if they start chanting "Basket..Basket". GW uses the lets go G-dubb on the jumbotron now but they could add in the carwash, go colonials go, ect. Even if there are 500 students in the lower section, if they are not loud or just standing around it's not adding anything.
- On that note, the cheeleader staff definitly needs to either come up with new chants, use the good ones more, or just get rid of some of them. No one is going to join in on "Basket Basket" or " we want 2" ect.
- Less of the fight song at times when it completely kills momentum, get some more pump up videos or something.
- G-dubb may have a lack of traditions to show off at games but that doesn't mean we don't have some history. Don't usually see much in the way of highlight videos from our past ( besides some shots in the GW mashup). Would love for those "colonial moment" vids to be shown more, especially to the students. Most who come to the games may get a glimpse of the 93 sweet sixteen or Shanta's buzzer beater in that mashup videos but that doesn't mean they have any idea what actually happened.
- I definitly think GW should continue the living social deals. Seems to draw more people.
- My man Ed has been great with the " G-dubb" chant with the student section. Could we expand this maybe to the season ticket holders are also saying "G" while the student sya "dubb" or something along those lines.
- Final thought... have George shoot off a replica cannon with blanks before home games.